In the Greek 1st Primary School of Sparta there was a team of 4 teachers working on our project:
Miranda (Maria-Alexandra) Koumanakou, the founder of the project and the Drama teacher,
Maria Oikonomou, the Arts Teacher,
Matoula (Stamatia) Voulgari, the B1 Class teacher
and Marigo Vidali, the B2 Class teacher.
We hereby explain how we collaborated in creating the digital stories and sharing them with our partner in 10 steps in chronological order.
1. Composing the story during the Drama Class with Miranda:
Brainstorming as a team on a given storystarter (a suitcase or a spaceship).
Choosing collectively the best ideas for the final oral draft. Dividing their story in sections.
2. Each student painting his/her own images representative of each section of their story during the Arts Class with Maria.
Maria and Miranda chose the most representative and imaginative pictures.
Maria scanned them.
Miranda sent them by snail mail to Finland.
3. Writing down their script based on the final selection of their pictures during the Language Class with Matoula and Marigo.
4. All students recording the script during the Drama Class with Miranda. Rehearsing, recording, listening and redoing either the recording or the script itself, if necessary.
5. Choosing and creating soundeffects during the Drama Class with Miranda.
6. Assembling and combining the scanned pictures, the edited recordings and the soundeffects during the Drama Class. Photo editing, audio editing and video editing by Miranda. Reviewing the finalized story in the Drama Class.
7. Subtitling in English by Miranda.
8. Miranda sharing our progress with Sirpa and exchanging our videos by:
9 . Receiving and reviewing our partner’s stories in the Drama Class.
10. Sharing with:
this web-based portfolio in English created by Miranda,
3 actual story books in Greek created by Miranda, Matoula and Marigo that were offered to our school’s library,
a presentation to all our school’s students and stuff prepared by Marigo, Miranda and Matoula,
an arts exhibition prepared by Maria of all the students’ paintings that were not chosen for our stories’ illustrations,
a Certificate of Participation written by Matoula and Marigo for our students,
and a glog, a multimedia poster, about our city Sparta created by Miranda.
If interested in the final project’s results, please watch the short explanatory video below.
SCHOOL EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE IN TEACHER’S ROOM:
MIRANDA’S PERSONAL EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS PROJECT:
PROGRAMMS AND APPS USED BY MIRANDA FOR THIS PROJECT:
Site Map, Content and Administration by M. Koumanakou